Texas Airports Council Scholarship
The Texas Airports Council (TAC) is a professional airport management organization providing membership services to airport professionals located throughout the State of Texas. The TAC, in memory of Juan Martinez, will maintain an academic scholarship for students who are studying aviation management and are currently enrolled in Texas colleges and universities or residents of Texas who are enrolled in a college or university outside the state.
Juan M. Martinez Jr., was the Midway Airport Manager, Midlothian, TX, and 2nd Vice President of the TAC Executive Board. Juan was an avid aviation enthusiast and loved flying. This scholarship was started in his memory by donations from friends, family and co-workers and through the dedication of TAC members and the TAC Executive Board who have set up procedures for a perpetual fund for this program.
The TAC offers one $2000 scholarship to a full-time student who is actively pursuing a baccalaureate level degree in an aviation management related program. The scholarship applications are evaluated by the TAC Academic Relations Committee and awarded by the Executive Board.
To be considered for the award of this scholarship,
applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled full-time in a baccalaureate level Aviation Management Degree Program at an accredited university and plan to continue this pursuit the following year.
- Be a resident of the State of Texas if attending a college or university outside the state.
- Be of sophomore, junior or senior standing at the time the application is submitted.
- Have achieved academic proficiency (grade point average) at the time of application of 3.0 or better (based on a 4.0 system).
- Submit a 250 word (maximum) typed, double spaced paper on an airport management topic of the applicant’s choice.
- Must include a copy of a transcript or semester/quarter grades from the applicant’s college or university.
- Must include a letter of recommendation from a faculty member of the Aviation Department at the institution where the applicant is currently enrolled.
- Applicant must not have previously received the scholarship from the Texas Airports Council.
- Applicant must complete all requested information on the scholarship application form and sign the document.